Chipping Norton Choral Society is seeking an outstanding rehearsal accompanist and assistant conductor to take over from Bernard West who has been with us for fifteen years. The post is available from November 2018 and earlier if possible and interested candidates will be asked to work with us at a rehearsal during September or October.
CNCS is in its 70th year and is one of the most adventurous and dynamic choral societies in the Cotswold region and has been trained and conducted by Peter Hunt for twenty years. Anyone is welcome to join and there are no auditions as the choir’s strongest belief is that everyone can sing and should be given the opportunity. There are 120 subscribing members and the choir meets every Wednesday during term time from 19.30-21.30 in the Music Room at Chipping Norton School.
What will the new Assistant Conductor gain from being involved with CNCS?
- The opportunity to work with the largest and best non-auditioned choral society in the region
- To contribute to achieving its high standards and help shape its future
- To work with Peter Hunt – one of the country’s most experienced amateur choir trainers and vocal leaders
- To play a major and much valued role in preparing exciting and ambitious choral programmes
- The opportunity to work with some of the country’s best instrumentalists and singers
CNCS considers the role of Accompanist and Assistant Conductor as vital and important, not just a pianists for rehearsals, and will welcome the post holder as a full member of the team.
- To accompany weekly rehearsals – mostly term-time – with occasional extra days to help prepare choir for three concerts per year plus the C N Music Festival and occasional Singing Days
- To take sectional rehearsals as required
- To deputise for Conductor at full rehearsals as required and by prior arrangement
- Be prepared to contribute to programme planning and choir development in general through discussion with conductor and committee
- To perform in concerts if required (e.g. Continuo, piano). Separate fee available.
- Annual Fee: £1900
If you are interested in applying then please send a CV to the Society’s Musical Director, Peter Hunt, at email@example.com. We intend to shortlist to 2-3 candidates who will be invited to join us for a rehearsal in September or October as described above.